- Unsupervised Identification of Text Reuse in Early Chinese Literature, Digital Scholarship in the Humanities (2017)
- Zhuangzi, perspectives, and greater knowledge, Philosophy East & West 65:3, 2015.
- Mohism, standards, and social order. In Order and Revolt: Debating the Principles of Eastern and Western Social Thought. Ed. Wayne Cristaudo, Heung Wah Wong and Sun Youzhong. (Los Angeles: Bridge21, 2014)
- School of Names. In Oxford Bibliographies in Chinese Studies. Ed. Tim Wright. (New York: Oxford University Press, 2013).
- 《墨辯中的語言哲學》 (Philosophy of language in the Mo-bian)，《中國學術思想研究輯刊》十三編第八冊（花木蘭，2012）
- 〈墨辩〉中的认知与事实 (Cognition and fact in the Mo-bian), 任守景、张庆军、颜玉明主编《墨子研究论丛》第八辑（济南：齐鲁书社，2009）
- 古汉语与墨辩的语言论 (Classical Chinese and theory of language in the Mo-bian), Chongqing Gongxueyuan Xuebao, 2008, 22(7)
Peer-reviewed conference papers
- Sturgeon, D. Unsupervised Extraction of Training Data for Pre-Modern Chinese OCR. Proc. FLAIRS-30 2017.
- Sturgeon, D. and Lee, J. S. Y. Translation Quality and Effort: Options versus Post-editing. Proc. International Conference on Natural Language Processing [ICON] 2016.
- Lee, J. S. Y., Sturgeon, D., and Luo, M. A CALL System for Learning Preposition Usage. Proc. Association for Computational Linguistics [ACL] 2016.
Talks and conference papers
A selection of these are described under Talks and conference papers.