- Thematic Research Collections, in Jack W. Chen, Anatoly Detwyler, Xiao Liu, Christopher M. B. Nugent, and Bruce Rusk (eds.) Literary Information in China (Columbia University Press, 2021).
- Indices and Concordances, in Jack W. Chen, Anatoly Detwyler, Xiao Liu, Christopher M. B. Nugent, and Bruce Rusk (eds.) Literary Information in China (Columbia University Press, 2021).
- Digitizing Premodern Text with the Chinese Text Project, Journal of Chinese History 2020, 4(2).
- Chinese Text Project: a dynamic digital library of premodern Chinese, Digital Scholarship in the Humanities (2019)
- Digital Approaches to Text Reuse in the Early Chinese Corpus, Journal of Chinese Literature and Culture 2018, 5(2).
- Large-scale Optical Character Recognition of Pre-modern Chinese Texts, International Journal of Buddhist Thought and Culture 2018, 28(2).
- Unsupervised Identification of Text Reuse in Early Chinese Literature, Digital Scholarship in the Humanities (2018)
- Zhuangzi, perspectives, and greater knowledge, Philosophy East & West 65:3, 2015.
- Mohism, standards, and social order. In Order and Revolt: Debating the Principles of Eastern and Western Social Thought. Ed. Wayne Cristaudo, Heung Wah Wong and Sun Youzhong. (Los Angeles: Bridge21, 2014)
- School of Names. In Oxford Bibliographies in Chinese Studies. Ed. Tim Wright. (New York: Oxford University Press, 2013).
- 《墨辯中的語言哲學》 (Philosophy of language in the Mo-bian)，《中國學術思想研究輯刊》十三編第八冊（花木蘭，2012）
- 〈墨辩〉中的认知与事实 (Cognition and fact in the Mo-bian), 任守景、张庆军、颜玉明主编《墨子研究论丛》第八辑（济南：齐鲁书社，2009）
- 古汉语与墨辩的语言论 (Classical Chinese and theory of language in the Mo-bian), Chongqing Gongxueyuan Xuebao, 2008, 22(7)
[Chinese publications listed above are published under my Chinese name, 德龍.]
Peer-reviewed conference papers
- Sturgeon, D. Unsupervised Extraction of Training Data for Pre-Modern Chinese OCR. Proc. FLAIRS-30 2017.
- Sturgeon, D. and Lee, J. S. Y. Translation Quality and Effort: Options versus Post-editing. Proc. International Conference on Natural Language Processing [ICON] 2016.
- Lee, J. S. Y., Sturgeon, D., and Luo, M. A CALL System for Learning Preposition Usage. Proc. Association for Computational Linguistics [ACL] 2016.
Talks and conference papers
A selection of these are described under Talks and conference papers.